Join the WGHS76 Email Distribution list

Google Groups
Subscribe to WGHS76
Email:
Visit this group

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wendy Musser art show


2009 1st Quarter Studio News - Wendy Musser


Despite the poor economy, I would like to report that art happenings are abounding. Art is one of the many things that can provide cheer and comfort, and be appreciated by everyone. I have been selected to show my artwork in a couple upcoming events that are free to attend.

The first event is the Raleigh Fine Art Society’s North Carolina Artists Exhibition that will be on display March 1 – May 3rd at the Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Raleigh. The juror selected 59 pieces from over 500 pieces submitted to the show. So, it should be a great exhibit. The reception is Sunday March 1 from 3:30-5:30.

The weekend of March 28-29 as a part of Western Wake Studio Tour, I will be among 26 artists who will have their studios open to the public. The tour will be kicked off with a show at Cary Town Hall. That show begins February 24th and will run until the day of the tour reception. The reception is to be held on Friday, March 27th from 6-9 pm at Cary Chamber of Commerce. For more details and a map of the tour visit http://westernwakestudiotour.blogspot.com/


Lastly, I have been included in; well my photo was included in an article by Scott Christensen. I was fortunate to study with Scott at his studio in Idaho. His intensive workshop that I attended is reviewed in an article in the new edition of American Artists Workshop Magazine (PDF with several photographs of the beautiful scenery in the Southwest Idaho and the fabulous paintings that Scott creates from its inspiration is attached). That workshop was a special gift from my husband. Hopefully, I will continue to assimilate the workshop information and use it to continue to grow as an artist.

I hope to see you soon,
Wendy Musser



God has given us a beautiful land.Every where you look is a painting waiting to be painted - www.wendymusser.com

No comments: